"There are many defining moments in a woman's life, but few carry more weight than the day she is born into motherhood."
Midwife Alliance North America
Kin Doulas is a group of DONA-trained and certified birth and postpartum doulas. We provide non-medical, emotion, physical and informational support to a woman and her family before, during and immediately following childbirth. Our doulas attend births and provide in-home postpartum support in the New York Metropolitan area. One of our doulas recently relocated and now attends births in London, UK. Our approach to childbirth and the postpartum period is evidence-based, holistic and realistic.
A growing body of research shows that doulas make a lasting difference with no known risks. Talk to us today about ways we can work together to make your birth and postpartum experience a positive one.
Our birth doula services include (and are not limited to):
- Prenatal meetings x 2 (or more/less as required)
- Continuous support during active labor & birth
- Postpartum meeting x 1 (or more/less as required)
- Lending library (pregnancy, birth and baby care books; newborn sling, etc.)
- Quality resource referrals (information, products or health care providers)
- 24/7 on-call support during your birth month (phone, text, google hangout, skype, etc)