"There are many defining moments in a woman's life, but few carry more weight than the day she is born into motherhood."
Midwife Alliance North America
Kin Doulas is Marni Deutsch and Leigh Kader. We provide non-medical, emotion, physical and informational support to families before, during and immediately following childbirth. We attend births and provide in-home postpartum support in the New York Metropolitan area. Our approach to childbirth and the postpartum period is evidence-based, holistic and realistic.
A growing body of research shows that doulas make a lasting difference with no known risks. Talk to us today about ways we can work together to make your birth and postpartum experience a positive one.
Our birth doula services include (and are not limited to):
- Prenatal meetings x 2 (or more/less as required)
- Continuous support during active labor & birth
- Postpartum meeting x 1 (or more/less as required)
- Lending library (pregnancy, birth and baby care books; newborn sling, etc.)
- Quality resource referrals (information, products or health care providers)
- 24/7 on-call support during your birth month (phone, text, google hangout, skype, etc)
LOOKING FOR A CHILDBIRTH CLASS?
Leigh Kader leads a comprehensive 5 week series in Prospect Heights, Brooklyn, learn more on our Birth Classes page and see what students have to say here!
And if you're crunched for time or let your due date creep up, she also offers an express class from time to time...Similar to the 5 week series (excluding breastfeeding+newborn care), the small group mini-series covers all things birth, focusing on promoting normal childbirth physiology, identifying helpful pain coping strategies and explaining common obstetric procedures.
To sign up email email@example.com